This morning when I looked outside I saw snow...lots of snow. Now, it's almost March and I'm the first one to complain about how much I am TOTALLY over the cold/snow.
But this morning, it was just too beautiful. I instantly thought of hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. I talked about the idea to James all during church. When we got home, I decided I just HAD to make cinnamon rolls.
I used my friend Jashley's recipe and then this recipe for the cream cheese frosting. James and I each ate about 4-5. Freaking delicious! Please make them :)
Delicious Cinnamon Rolls (it made a dozen)
1 T. yeast
1 T. yeast
1/4 cup of warm water
1 beaten egg
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. scalded milk
3 c. flour
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pour yeast into warm water and let sit for 10 minutes. Warm milk in a saucepan (do not boil!) Remove milk from heat and stir in sugar. When milk/sugar has cooled pour into a large bowl. Add beaten egg, oil, salt, yeast, and then flour. Mix together. Knead well. Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours (or until doubled)
Punch down dough. Roll out into large rectangle. Melt butter and pour onto the dough - spread it evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Roll dough into a "tight log". Slice with string or dental floss. Place onto a greased cookie sheet. Let rise another 1 1/2 hours. (doubled) Bake at 350 for 15 -18 minutes.
Pull out, add frosting...ENJOY!
I am trying to watch my weight better with this pregnancy...why are you tempting me! Ok, what harm could one little batch do? :)
ReplyDelete