11.12.2010

music

I have this habit of breaking out into song at random times throughout the day.  I love to sing.
In the shower.  In the car.  As I'm making dinner.  All great times to bust out a song.
Which is why having a baby is the greatest thing in the world. 
I always have an audience.
Porter laughs, smiles, and sometimes makes noises right along with my singing.
I sing and dance around him all day long.
I could entertain myself...I mean my baby for hours.
Glee songs, old musicals, pop songs, high school choir warm-ups/songs, church hymns, preschool songs - I sing it all.
And today it was this song that I sang to him: (songs from musicals are the best to sing!)

I finally stopped after the 4th or 5th time.  He just kept laughing - so I kept singing.
Ever wished your life could be like a musical?  Mine totally is...except I can't get others to break out in song and choreographed dance? 
Ooo, but sometimes James does sing with me.  Awesome husband.

4 comments:

  1. Ok Next time you break out in "Hoedown Throwdown" I'll get Jash and I to break out in dance with you. Wouldn't that be hilarious? No cameras please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i'm not the only one who sings randomly. actually I need to get into that habit more often. thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that too! Singing random songs all day long makes me happy, and now my little Russell breaks out into songs of his own. He makes up silly songs about dump trucks, garbage trucks, and alligators! We sing primary hymns, veggie tales, nursery ryhmns, or silly preschool songs, broadway musical songs, and make them up as we go. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day!